Find Foundation Makeup and More at Designer Australia
Foundation makeup is more than just a way of covering up imperfections. Today's products are designed to be good for the skin, helping to protect it from dirt, pollution, and UV rays and balancing out dry or oily skin. Learning to use foundation correctly is key to a flawless look.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Foundation
Foundation may seem like a fundamental concept, but many people still struggle to get it right. This product is one that can easily make or break your look, so be sure to avoid these common mistakes.
- Choosing the wrong shade. Using the wrong colour foundation is one of the most common mistakes people make, especially when the season changes. Look for a shade that closely matches your skin tone under natural light, and don't be afraid to blend two or more shades to achieve the exact colour you need.
- Using too much. Using too much foundation is an all-too-common mistake, and one that's easy to avoid. Less is more when it comes to foundation. If you need a little extra coverage on some days, try applying a base layer of foundation and then touching up with concealer only where you need it.
- Poor blending. One of the main reasons for poor foundation blending is insufficient lighting. Find the brightest place in your home to apply makeup so that you can see what you're doing and ensure that you get it all blended smoothly. Using a foundation brush can also help you blend better, as opposed to using just your fingers.
Benefits of Using a Foundation Brush
If you're still using your fingers to apply your foundation, it's time to make a switch.
- You'll use less product. A brush can sweep product onto your face and distribute it much more evenly than you can manage with your fingers. Because of this, you'll need far less product when you use a brush, making it an economical and eco-friendly choice.
Brushes are cleaner than fingers. In most cases, a foundation brush will be a more hygienic way to apply makeup than using your fingers. Not only can your hands get dirty quickly, but they also have natural oils that transfer to your face, potentially leading to breakouts.
- Your makeup will go on more evenly. Brushes can help you blend your foundation seamlessly. You'll achieve a flawlessly smooth, even finish, with no sign of the streaks your fingers can leave.
- Brushes are faster. When time is of the essence, you'll undoubtedly want to reach for a brush. Brushes allow you to apply and blend your makeup perfectly in much less time than it would take you to achieve the same results with your fingers – if you even could.
Why You Should Use Designer Australia
At Designer Australia, we offer a wide range of cosmetic products, including makeup, brushes, skincare, organisers, and much more. We focus on providing top brands, such as Cinema Secrets and Elementwo, at competitive prices. We are proud to be an Australian-owned business with no affiliation to international organisations. Contact us today to order foundation or any other makeup supplies you may need.